Kee fuming with match officials

Institute's Stephen Parkhouse is marked by Limavady United defender Damien McNulty, during their game on Saturday. INLV5212-600KDR
Institute's Stephen Parkhouse is marked by Limavady United defender Damien McNulty, during their game on Saturday. INLV5212-600KDR

INSTITUTE manager Paul Kee was annoyed with the officials despite the fact his side secured three points at old rivals Limavady United, on Saturday.

The Drumahoe man was upset after both Darren McFadden and Stephen Parkhouse were sent-off.

“I think the sending off’s for both sides were a bit over the top if I’m honest about it,” he said.

“The Parkhouse one annoyed me more because the linesman had it in for him and Parky never used foul and abusive language which he was accused of.

“What’s more we will now lose these two players from our next game and that just makes things tougher.

“There was no compromise from the linesman because he asked for Parkhouse to be removed which I felt was very petty.”

With McFadden also receiving his marching orders, Kee felt his player may have been the innocent party but let himself down.

“Darren said that (Ryan) Mullan had pulled him to the ground and that he reacted to being struck. If this is what happened then it’s disappointing from Darren’s perspective but I know it’s hard not to react at times.

“It was a disappointing end to the game but the problem we have is that’s the way the Championship is, every challenge is called for and there is loads of pressure from both sets of players and officials.

“When this happens, games can turn a bit ugly like we seen at the end of this fixture.”

Despite the tough ending to the game the ’Stute gaffer always felt his side were in control of the game and he felt they deserved the victory.

“Corey (Wilson) didn’t have a save to make throughout the entire game which tells you everything.

“We were a bit slow to react to the free-kick which leads to their goal but being two up didn’t flatter us.

“Possibly the first goal may have been a bit unlucky for them because it looked like a good tackle but I think the second should have been a penalty anyway.

“Limavady are a spirited team with the way Aidy has them playing but we didn’t do ourselves any favours at times in the final third.

“We picked the wrong option and wrong pass too many times and we really should have been out of sight.”

With only having a one goal advantage in the final minutes Kee admitted he was a little nervous in the dying minutes.

“You will always worry when the ball is lumped into the box late in the game because anything can happen. They could get a lucky break and then all the hard work and resolve that we showed would have gone to waste.

“This victory moves us away from Dundela after they lost and keeps us in touch with Ards who you hope will have a blip.

“We have to keep winning games because there are still thirty points to play for between now and the end of the season.

“The most important thing from this game was the fact that that we got the three points and that’s all that matters,” he concluded.