Wood fire in pizza oven sparks Italian restaurant alert in Londonderry

Two fire appliances were dispatched to deal with the fire
Two fire appliances were dispatched to deal with the fire

Two fire appliances were dispatched to at an Italian restaurant in Londonderry city centre just before 9am this morning after a fire accidentally flared in a pizza oven.

Two fire appliances were dispatched to at an Italian restaurant in Londonderry city centre just before 9am this morning after a fire accidentally flared in a pizza oven.

Officers attended Spaghetti Junction at the corner of William Street and Rossville Street.

A Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service (NIFRS) spokesperson said: “Firefighters dealt with a fire involving wood panelling above a pizza oven in a restaurant. The incident was dealt with at 9.47am and the cause of the fire is being treated as accidental.”