A staff member at the Tech in Londonderry was taken to Altnagelvin after sustaining minor injuries when a chilling unit “failed” in the canteen on Tuesday morning, April 12.
In a statement the North West Regional College confirmed: “We can confirm that a failure in one of the aisle chilling units in the Tower canteen at NWRC’s Strand Road campus caused a minor incident this morning.
“The Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service were called and investigated the incident.
“The Tower building was evacuated at approx. 8.30am. One member of staff was taken to A&E for minor injuries sustained during the incident and has subsequently been released.
“The Tower building was re-opened at 10.20am. Other buildings in the College’s Strand Road campus were not affected.”