Man hospitalised by CO

0
Have your say

A man was taken to hospital after being treated for suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at a block of flats on the Northland Road on Tuesday.

Three Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service (NIFRS) fire appliances attended the scene and fire fighters used breathing apparatus to enter the building.

“NIFRS received a call at 8:19am to a report of a carbon monoxide alarm actuation at residential premises at the Northland Road area of the city this morning (Tuesday August 4),” a NIFRS spokesperson said. “Fire fighters wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the premises. One male occupant was treated by Northern Ireland Ambulance personnel and has been taken to a nearby hospital.” The man, taken to Altnagelvin, is in a stable condition.