A 32-year-old man is reported to be in a critical condition in Belfast’s Royal Victoria Hospital following a fire in the City Centre last night.
The incident happened at Jack Allen Court, a sheltered accommodation complex on Hawkin Street.
A spokesperson for the Fire and Rescue Service said the fire was reported at 7:30pm.
The spokesperson added: “Two appliances from Northland Road and one from Crescent Link fire station attended the scene. The fire was out on arrival of crews and a man was taken to hospital via ambulance. Firefighters ventilated the premises and treated a woman in her fifties for shock using oxygen therapy.”
The PSNI are currently investigating the circumstances surrounding the fire.
A PSNI spokesman said: “Police are aware of a fire at a care home. It was reported at about 7.30pm. A 32-year-old man has been transferred to the Royal Victoria Hospital. His condition is believed to be critical.”