B&B bookings collapse
THE number of Londonderry tourist B&B bookings made via the Northern Ireland Tourist Board (NITB) over the past five years has collapsed from 109 to just 11, it has been revealed.
Over 2007/8 there were 109 B&B bookings in Londonderry. This fell to 62 in 2008/9; to 36 in 2009/10; to 23 in 2010/11; and to 11 in 2011/12.
NITB offers all B&Bs in Northern Ireland the option to be listed on their online booking system but bookings via the system have fallen back right across the board, including in Londonderry.
And website views of B&B properties on NITB’s consumer website have also fallen back dramatically from 413k page views in 2007/8 to 146k in 20011/12.
- Atos overuling GPs on sick claimants’ requests for visits
- Star players return for Deery
- The amazing story of Francis Makemie, a Ramelton man, and the founder of American dissent
- Crow hampers RAF electronic warfare drills in North Sea
- Londonderry demonstrators to converge on Enniskillen on G8 protest buses
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Londonderry
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: South west
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: South